Now in Our 29th Year of Service to East Carolina University!
Our Statement of Purpose:
The purpose of the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association (ECURFA) is to provide retired faculty with a continuing link to the university and to colleagues and friends through social activities, receptions, and group travel. It provides an opportunity to give back to the university through an endowment fund, which has established graduate and undergraduate scholarships.
- Dr. Tom Feldbush, President, 252-758-3644
- CDR Archie T. Smith, Vice President, 252-752-7669
- Dr. Paul Tschetter, Secretary, 252-258-2927
- Ms. Lou McNamee, Treasurer, 252-756-7283
Willis Building, corner of 1st and Reade Streets, room 104; phone, 252-737-2924.
All retired ECU faculty members (including those on phased retirement) and retired ECU EPA Staff are de facto members of the ECU Retired Faculty Association; and spouses of deceased members are eligible for associate membership. If you have retired or are the spouse of a deceased member, but have not been invited to join the ECURFA, please call the ECU Retired Faculty Association office at 252-737-2924. Membership dues ($15.00 yearly, or $75.00 lifetime), may be sent to the ECU Foundation Gift Records Department, 2200 S. Charles Blvd., Greenville NC 27858). Please click here for ECURFA Dues and Donation Form.
- Volunteer Opportunities for ECU Retired Faculty Association members. Please click here for the list of volunteer opportunities (in Word)(in .pdf format)
- The ECU Lifelong Learning Program is offering one-year free memberships to ECURFA members. This is a $35 value that offers multiple offerings for free or discounted courses taught by many seasoned instructors. Please click here to see a copy of the current catalog or contact Andrew Ross, Coordinator, at 252-328-9196, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We hold board meetings quarterly, in January, April, July, and October. We also conduct a business meeting of the membership in the spring of each year.
- We hold a social in the fall for retired ECU faculty members and invited guests. The next Fall Social will be Monday, October 30, at the Heart Institute, 115 Heart Drive, at 5:30 p.m. Cost: $5.00 per person; memberships in ECURFA will also be accepted.
- We publish a newsletter, The Golden News; editor is needed--please contact Tom Feldbush.
- We meet as the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association Dutch Luncheon, usually on the first Thursday of each month. The next luncheon will be on October 5th, at Kickback Jack's, 420 Red Banks Rd., at 1:00 p.m. Please call Tom Feldbush at 252-758-3644 for more information, or consult the Daily Reflector.
- We hold Retired Faculty Forums during the year. The schedule for 2017-18 is below. All programs are in the Family Practice Center, Brody School of Medicine, 101 Heart Drive, 2nd floor classroom, 3:00 p.m., Tuesdays.
- October 10, 2017: The Vidant-BSOM Merger & New Directions in Health Care; Michael Waldrum, MD, CEO of Vidant Health
- December 12, 2017: Future Directions for Greenville; Don Edwards
- February 13, 2018: Satellites--What You Don't Know Might Hurt You; Kurt Feldbush, MS, Systems Engineer, Radiant Blue Technologies
- April 10, 2018: Global Warming; Scott Curtis, ECU Geology Dept.
- We organize group travel for ECURFA members and "friends." Please contact Tom Feldbush for suggestions for trips.
- By-Laws of the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association
- Index to Minutes of the ECURFA Board of Directors Meetings
(Note: The minutes are on file in the University Archives in Joyner Library)
- "In Memoriam," (deceased faculty members since 1/1/2017)
- ECU Memories page in the University Archives, Joyner Library
- Lifelong Learning Program at East Carolina University.
- Great Decisions Program at East Carolina University
- North Carolina Retired Governmental Employees' Association.
- Association of Retirement Organizations in Higher Education (AROHE).
Policies and Procedures Manual of the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association:
- Proposal For Policies and Procedures Manual
- Duties of ECURFA Board Members
- ECURFA Secretary's Responsibilities
- Planning ECURFA Socials
- Policy Statement for ECURFA Web Site and ECURFA-L
- The Golden News
Privileges for Retired Faculty
Parking Policy for Retired Faculty:
The university has
reserved the following parking spaces for retired faculty:
- two across 10th Street from the Brewster Building;
- two in the circle between Erwin and Bloxton House;
- two between Erwin and Mamie Jenkins; and
- two east of the Rivers Building.
- There is also a B1 lot that is open for "B" parking stickers at 10th and Evans Streets.
- There are no reserved parking spaces for retired faculty on the Health Sciences campus. Please click here for a map of parking spaces for "B" parking stickers (colored in blue) on the Health Sciences campus.
Please click here to read the parking policy for retired faculty.
Please click here to see a map (on page 5 of the document) of the area cordoned off for construction of the new Student Center.
As the university is becoming a pedestrian campus, faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to use the Student Transit system to attend events on campus. Riders are expected to have an ECU 1 Card [although a university picture ID card may suffice].
Use of ECU E-mail by Retired Faculty: Please click on the link above for the policy regarding use of ECU e-mail by Retired Faculty. For additional information, one may ask for help by calling the IT Help Desk at 252.328.9866 or 800.340.7081.
This month's picture: Campus video tour.