- All sales are final; no refunds.
- Everyone, regardless of age, must have a ticket for admission. In the best interest of all patrons and performers, children under the age of 5 are not allowed and lap seating is strictly prohibited. Children aged 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Parental discretion is always advised and the judgment of the content of each show should be made on an individual basis prior to purchase.
- Programs, dates, and times are subject to change.
- All performances take place in the McGinnis Auditorium (unless otherwise noted) on the ECU campus in Greenville, NC. We are located off Fifth Street, between Eastern and Lewis Streets. Click on the "Maps and Parking" tab for more information.
- Generally, the auditorium is open 30 minutes prior to curtain time.
- Cell phones, laptops, and other devices that make sound or emit light during the performance is strictly prohibited as it disturbs other patrons and the performers. Please turn all electronic devices to silent or off during the performance.
- The creation of any photograph, video, or audio recording by camera, cell phone, or any recording device whatsoever represents a copyright infringement and is strictly prohibited by law.
- Cameras and recording devices of all types are not permitted as they represent copyright violations and are strictly prohibited by law.
- Standing and/or sitting in the aisles is not permitted.
- Reserved seats are only assured until the beginning of the performance and valid only for the performance, seat, and venue indicated.
- In order to minimize disturbance to other patrons and the performers, late seating will be provided at the discretion of the House Manager at an appropriate break or during intermission.
- We discourage patrons from leaving their seats during the performance. Be advised you may not be able to return to your regular seat but reseated by house staff at the rear of the auditorium.
- We kindly request that flowers wrapped in cellophane not be brought into the theatre as wrapping makes a considerable amount of noise. We suggest either leaving them in your vehicle or leaving them with our ushers for you to retrieve after the performance.
- A variety of snacks and beverages are available for sale in the concessions area during intermission. Proceeds benefit the East Carolina Theatre Foundation. Cash only please.
- Please do not bring food or beverages into the auditorium.
- Restrooms are located on the basement floor and may be reached via either the stairs in the lobby or the elevator.
- Our theatre is fully accessible. Click on the "Accessibility" tab for more information
- If you have purchased tickets for a performance you are unable to attend you should call the box office at least 24 hours in advance to exchange for another performance of the same production.
- Please have your tickets in hand when calling. We can reserve tickets for you at that time and hold them at will-call.
- Exchanges are neither possible once the performance has taken place nor between different productions.
- Exchanges are subject to availability and we cannot guarantee equivalent seating.
If you know you cannot use your tickets to a production, you may donate them to the Playhouse for re-sell as long we receive it at least 24 hours in advance. If we are able to re-sell your tickets we can, upon request, issue a gift letter noting the value of the tickets you have donated.
If you missed the performance for which you have already purchased tickets, you may use your tickets to 'walk-in' to any remaining performance of that same production. Subject to availability, the House Manager will escort all 'walk-in' patrons into the theatre before the start of the performance to take any remaining unsold seats. Early arrival is recommended, as a line forms prior to curtain time and entry is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Waiting lists will be offered beginning one hour prior to sold-out performances. You must be present to put your name on the waiting list. Names cannot be placed on the list from phone, e-mail, proxy, or any other communication other than being physically in the theatre lobby. Available seats will be released shortly prior to curtain time on a first-come, first–served basis.
Lost and Found
We do not maintain lost and found items. Any found items are turned into the ECU Police (252-328-6787).
We offer significant additional savings to groups of 10 or more attending the same performance. These are perfect for corporate meetings and client entertainment as well as senior, civic, church, and school groups. For more information, call our box office and ask for Group Sales.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 252-328-6829
Ticket prices for ECU School of Theatre events include processing fees and sales tax according to NC General Statue 105-164.4(a)(10).
The ECU/Loessin Playhouse is produced by the School of Theatre and Dance,an accredited member of the National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST).